Scope of Use
Sirius grants you permission to access the text, pictures, images, graphics, audio, video and other content on this website for your lawful personal or business use. All content is provided AS IS, and Sirius makes no representation to you regarding the availability, accuracy, reliability or completeness of such content, or its suitability for your particular purposes, and Sirius and its partners assume no responsibility for any typographical, technical or other inaccuracies contained therein. Certain pages on this website may be encrypted for additional security. Sirius does not guarantee the security of those pages or of any information transmitted via those pages. You assume the risk of any unauthorized interception of information transmitted by you through this website.
You may not use this website to transmit or post any threatening, offensive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material, or any other material that would infringe or violate the rights of any third party, or that otherwise would give rise to any civil or criminal liability under the applicable law of any jurisdiction. You may not upload on this website any material that contains any viruses, worms, Trojan horses, trap doors, time bombs or any other malicious code designed to disrupt, disable, harm, interfere with or otherwise adversely affect any computer software or equipment. You agree to defend, hold harmless, and indemnify Sirius, its officers and employees from and against any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including but not limited to reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of your violation of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
Use of Service
The software embedded within Sirius Products, and the supporting server Services software (“the Software”) are the property of Sirius. All title and copyright in and to the Software is owned by Sirius. This Software is licensed to you, not sold. By activating your Sirius Product, or otherwise using the Software, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Sirius may provide you, or you may be able to select, a user name and password in order to enter certain parts of this website or access our Services. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any such user name and password. You should notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of such user name and password of which you become aware, and promptly follow our instructions for changing your user name and/or password. Sirius shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, or in any way for loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of, or in connection with, your failure to comply with these requirements.
When using our website or using our Service, if you or your organization has provided your contact information, you authorize Sirius or its partners to communicate with you via SMS or e-mail and consent to receive communications from us electronically. We may communicate with you by e-mail, SMS, smartphone notifications or similar interfaces or notification on our website. You acknowledge and agree that Sirius may contact you electronically regarding its Services and for related offers. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. If your contact information has been entered without your permission, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to take corrective action including removal of your contact information from our records.
In order to avail of our services, you must register on our website. Our site’s registration form requires you to correctly provide us contact information. This may include contact and billing information, mobile numbers, email address, and other unique identifiers. For asset monitoring and control, you must provide detailed information related to the asset in order to customize our services for you and authorized partners. By activating your service through the internet, by telephone, or otherwise electronically, you acknowledge receipt of and agree to these terms and conditions. The Service is provided at our discretion. Sirius reserves the right to block your use of the Services and any user name or password, at any time in its own discretion.
You are responsible for ensuring that You use the Service and/or Products in accordance with all relevant laws and that You have all permits, licenses, consents and permissions required for Your use of the Service and/or Products. By supplying the Service and/or Products, Sirius does not represent or warrant that the use of the Service and/or Products for any particular purpose is legal in your area of coverage or in any other area. You must not use the Service and/or Products in any way which is Inappropriate. You shall not give Sirius any inaccurate or misleading information when creating an Account or using the Service. Sirius shall not be bound by any typographical or obvious error contained in the Website. If you have any concerns or complaints regarding the Products and/or the Services, You may refer them by e-mail to support@ siriusemb.com.
Sirius does not give a warranty in relation to and does not have any liability for:
- the Positional Accuracy of the Service;
- any failure, inaccessibility or downtime (whether planned or otherwise) in any Network which results in an absence or incorrect Request, either accurately or at all;
- the withdrawal of any Network from the Service; and
- any failure of or, its inability to provide Services due to any connected device being switched-off, or having insufficient charge or being temporarily or permanently disconnected from a Network.
Any equipment provided to you by Sirius for the purpose of or, in connection with, the provision of the Service (if any) will remain the property of Sirius and save to the extent necessary to allow you to receive the Service, you will acquire no rights in or to the same. You agree that You will take good care of any equipment provided and will, upon cancellation of the Service, promptly deliver up to Sirius in good condition (except reasonable wear and tear).
It’s your responsibility to make sure your asset and the equipment are working. You can verify the status of the equipment by logging into the website service. It’s also your responsibility to register with us before you begin using the service. The equipment may be enabled on our behalf by your organization or authorized partners of Sirius. Even if your equipment is activated and working, you will need to register on the website to be able to use the services you have requested.
Except as expressly requested in a site, you should not provide us any information that you do not want published on a site or presented to other users of the site. You may not upload, download, edit, modify or transmit any Content that may infringe on any patent, trade-mark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property right of any person. You represent and warrant to Sirius and to all others that access this site, that you own, or possess sufficient rights in, all such information and all such parties may regard such information as publicly disclosable. You grant to us an exclusive, irrevocable, worldwide, fully-paid, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, display, publicly perform, prepare derivative works from, transmit and distribute such information as we see fit
Links to Other Websites
This website may contain links to other websites not operated by Sirius. Those links (if any) are provided for your convenience, and Sirius makes no representation, warranty or guarantee with respect to the content or privacy practices of such websites.
Trademarks and Copyrights
This site displays several trademarks or service marks that are owned by Sirius is indicated at www.siriusemb.com/legal. This information is updated periodically. Sirius does not grant you permission to use any of those marks as a result of their display on this website. This site may also display trademarks or service marks that are owned by third parties.
The copyrights in all content on this website are owned by Sirius or its licensors, as applicable. You may display such content on any single computer, or print a single copy of any pages containing such content, for your use in accordance with these terms and conditions. No other copying, display, publication or distribution of any such content is permitted without the prior written authorization of Sirius.
Our Privacy Statement is outlined at www.siriusemb.com/legal. This information is updated periodically.
Limitation of Liability
the products and the services are provided by Sirius and its suppliers on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Sirius and its suppliers make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the product or the services or the information, content, materials, or products included. you expressly agree that your use of the product and the services is at your sole risk. in no event shall Sirius be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or special damages arising out of your use or inability to use this website, even if Sirius was advised of the possibility of such damages. if, as applied to your use or inability to use this website, this limitation is unenforceable or invalid under applicable law, Sirius’s liability to you from your use or inability to use this website shall not exceed one u.s. dollars ($1.00).
exclusion of other damages. to the full extent allowed by law, Sirius and its suppliers, affiliates and agents are not liable for any:
- consequential or incidental damages;
- damages or loss of any nature whatsoever relating to lost profits, business interruption, loss of data or privacy or confidentiality, any inability to use all or part of the hardware device or services, personal injury, or any failure to meet any duty (including but not limited to any duty of negligence, good faith or of workmanlike effort); or
- indirect, special, or punitive damages arising out of or relating in any way to the hardware device or services. the foregoing applies even if Sirius or any supplier, affiliate or agent has been advised of the possibility of such losses or damages; and even in the event of fault, tort (including negligence), strict or product liability, misrepresentation or other reason.
You agree to indemnify and hold Sirius, its partners, affiliates, and Suppliers and each of their respective Representatives harmless from any and all liabilities, penalties, claims, causes of action and judgments brought by third parties (including costs, expenses and related reasonable legal fees) resulting from your use or misuse of the Product, the Services, or the web-site, or a breach of any of the Terms whether based in contract, tort (including strict liability), or other doctrine of law and regardless of the form of action.
Sirius can assign this agreement in whole or in part to anyone we choose. You can not assign this agreement or your obligations to anyone else without our prior consent.
Last Revised: July 1, 2016
We are committed to privacy of our users and customers. Following is an explanation of our privacy statement and how we use and protect the personal information of users of this site. The information applies solely to Sirius web-site and services and does not cover any other site(s) visited using links contained in this site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other sites
- We collect information about you from many sources including information we collect from you directly, from web-site entries and registration forms and when you visit our site, use our services, or view our online advertisements, from your connected asset including vehicles, and from other sources. Your contact information is also used to contact you when necessary. Providing information on our “Contact Us” or similar pages, grants us explicit permission to use those e-mail and other information for communication with you and for related purposes.
- In the normal course of operation of this web-site, the information systems and software procedures acquire certain items of personal information, the transmission of which is implicit in the use of internet communication protocols. Unless specifically required to fulfill the requirements of the services, the information in question is not collected in order to be associated with specific users.
- Information collected typically includes IP addresses, domain names, information for Internet communication and other parameters pertaining to the user’s system. We use your IP address to identify you to deliver specific services, to help diagnose problems with your browsers or our servers, to administer our web-services, and to collect information for statistical purposes.
- Our site’s registration form requires users to give us contact information. This may include user contact and billing information, mobile numbers, email address, and other unique identifiers. For asset monitoring and control, we collect detailed information related to the asset in order to customize our services for you and authorized partners. We do not store financial information like credit card numbers or personal information like social security numbers on this site.
- Data related to web services offered by this site is retained in servers controlled by Sirius and is processed solely by its authorized technical personnel.
- We use the information we collect to provide the products and services you request, for troubleshooting, analysis, and research, safety, prevent fraud or misuse, or to communicate with you. Unique identifiers are collected to verify the user’s identity and for use in our record system.
- In general, unless explicit permission is granted by the user to Sirius or its partners, no information derived from the web service is passed on or disclosed to third parties.
- We may share information we collect from you with our authorized partners, if applicable, when required by law, or in the event of the sale or transfer of the asset. Anonymous information collected from our site may be shared with third parties for various purposes
- This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. All data is protected using advanced methods available including encryption of sensitive data in transmission, requiring partners to maintain appropriate security measures, and access and authentication procedures. For web-services users, we suggest periodically changing your password.
The marks appearing on this website including, but not limited to, Sirius, Dhruv, and Eagleye and their respective logos, emblems, slogans are trademarks, service marks and/or registered trademarks of Sirius Corporation.
Copyright © 2008-2017 Sirius Corporation. All Rights Reserved. All text, images, graphics, animation, videos, music and other materials on this website are the copyright and other intellectual property rights of Sirius Corporation. These materials may not be reproduced, distributed, modified or reposted to other websites without the express written permission of Sirius Corporation.